Of all of the ‘super foods’ on the market, Cocovit Coconut Oil may just be the champion of them all. Cocovit Coconut Oil has positive effects for just about every system in the human body, many of which have been tested and confirmed by scientific research. From skin care and weight loss to mental health and hormone balance, below we share the top eight unbelievable health benefits of Cocovit Coconut Oil.
- Increased Energy:
Unlike most other saturated fats, Cocovit Coconut Oil is built predominantly of medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs). These fats metabolize much differently than their long-chain cousins which are found in abundance in meat and dairy products. Digested MCTs are not stored as fat in the human body. Instead, they are transported directly to the liver where they are almost immediately converted into energy.
Consuming approximately two tablespoons of Cocovit Coconut Oil every morning has been shown to increase energy levels by an average 5% in a 24-hour time span!
- Fight Infection: Medium-chain triglyceride lauric acid makes up about 50% of the total fatty acid content of Cocovit Coconut Oil and is the main ingredient that makes this oil so amazing. Amongst all of its other myriad of health benefits, lauric acid (found in breast milk) is a powerful anti-microbial, killing viruses, bacteria, protozoa, and fungi by dissolving their cellular walls. Adding Cocovit Coconut Oil to your diet can increase your body’s resistance to illness, improve digestive health, and even help to heal stomach ulcers.
- Normalize Brain Function: When digested, MCTs go directly to the liver where they are synthesized into ketone bodies. These chemical compounds have a positive effect on several brain disorders, particularly – epilepsy & Alzheimer’s . High concentrations of ketone bodies in the blood have been shown to reduce seizures in children with drug-resistant epilepsy. Ketone bodies also provide an alternate source of energy for cells in the brain which have lost the ability to process glucose, one of the main causes of Alzheimer’s.
- Decrease Hunger: Ketone bodies formed by MCTs have the added benefit of reducing hunger and cravings. When eaten every day, a serving or two of Cocovit Coconut Oil is a proven effective tool to help you feel full faster, avoid overeating, and snack less between meals.
- Weight Loss:
Daily consumption of Cocovit Coconut Oil has been shown to help with weight loss, particularly around the midsection. By regulating appetite and improving digestion, Cocovit Coconut Oil can make it much easier to reduce your daily caloric intake and lose weight at a healthy rate (around one to two pounds per week.) Because it is a natural mood enhancer, the oil may help you to feel more motivated and energetic which can also assist with weight loss. Cocovit Coconut Oil aids in balancing hormones that reduce stress and anxiety – two of the leading causes of excessive belly fat.
Cocovit Coconut Oil is high in calories, therefore we suggest limiting your daily intake to one to two tablespoons per day so as not to inadvertently damaging your weight-loss efforts.
- Reduce Risk of Heart Disease: As we have seen in recent news and studies we now know that not all saturated fats are bad for you and aren’t a leading cause of heart disease. Coconut Oil has been shown to improve overall cholesterol by simultaneously increasing HDL (good) and lowering LDL (bad) levels. It does this by helping the body to convert cholesterol in the blood stream into a usable form, thus reducing plaque build-up in arteries. MCTs in the oil may also work to reduce triglycerides, improve blood coagulation, and perform antioxidant functions in the blood stream, further diminishing the risk of heart disease.
- Better Nutrient Absorption: When ingested, Cocovit Coconut Oil helps the digestive tract to better absorb fat-soluble vitamins A, D, E, and K. If you take supplements for these nutrients, consider washing them down with a tablespoon of Cocovít Coconut Oil. If the thought of swallowing a spoonful of oil makes you cringe, use Cocovit Coconut Oil in place of olive oil or butter when cooking or dressing your salads. The unique flavor pairs well with many leafy greens and because of the oil’s Medium-chain structure, it won’t break down when exposed to heat. Cocovít Coconut Oil also makes a delicious addition to baked foods, smoothies, and desserts.
- Stabilize Thyroid and Blood-sugar: MCTs in Cocovit Coconut Oil assist in the conversion of cholesterol into pregnenolone – one of the building blocks for synthesis of human hormones such as those responsible for healthy thyroid function. A daily serving of Cocovít Coconut Oil can also help the body to use insulin more efficiently and stabilize blood-sugar levels.