Homemade deodorants are both a healthier and cheaper alternative to store-bought brands. Our recipe is inexpensive, completely customizable, and most importantly not loaded with toxic ingredients. Prepared with these 4 simple ingredients — Cocovít Coconut Oil, baking soda, cornstarch and essential oils of your choice.
Most people don’t know that the ingredients found in their antiperspirants, such as artificial fragrances, aluminum, and triclosan (Don’t know what this is? Most people don't – it’s a preservative that prevents bacteria from growing in beauty products), can cause irritation to the skin along with other issues. The difference between deodorant and antiperspirant is that deodorant helps combat body odor and antiperspirants actually prevent sweat by blocking the ducts that release it. So our recipe won’t necessarily stop the sweat, it most definitely does work to repel body odor.
Cocovít Coconut Oil DIY Deodorant
What you'll need:
- ½ Cup Cocovít Coconut Oil
- ¼ Cup Cornstarch (you can use arrowroot powder if you have sensitive skin)
- ¼ Cup Baking Soda
- ¼ TSP Essential Oil
- Combine Cocovít Coconut Oil and essential oil(s)
- Add in baking soda and cornstarch (or arrowroot powder), mix until it’s completely smooth
- Transfer to a jar (if you want to apply with your hands) or an empty deodorant tube
We recommend placing the jar or deodorant tube in the freezer for 15-20 minutes after preparing to allow it to solidify. Also, store in cool place since the coconut oil has a low melting point.