How do you wash your face? With a facial cleanser? You mean a facial cleanser filled with chemicals, parabens, fragrances and countless other ingredients you probably can't pronounce?
The beauty industry has done a wonderful job in convincing all of us that washing your face with facial cleanser is a necessity. It promotes the idea that the only way to remove clean our faces and remove the residue left by makeup, air pollution, oil and sweat is by using chemical-laden cleansers to strip it all off. The issue with this is that our skin is not meant to be stripped of its natural oil. When we apply harsh or even mild facial cleaners, moisturizers or products they actually strip our face of its natural oils. When our skin feels dry, it tries to repair itself, and is forced to compensate for the lack of moisture by producing more oil. An over production of oil clogs our pores- causing acne-and leaving our skin feeling/looking oily. (Not a good thing!)
Today we're sharing a solution to help you to escape this cycle, introducing The Oil Cleansing Method.
This method will allow you to have fewer breakouts, if any, and your skin won’t feel dry or stretched because its natural protective oils haven't been stripped. It might seem a bit counterintuitive, but oil dissolves other oil; by rubbing it into the skin, the cleansing oil loosens the ‘bad’ oil that has hardened and stuck in the pores.
Benefits of Oil-Cleansing with Cocovít Coconut Oil:
- Oil dissolves oil, meaning the cleansing oil will help dissolve the oil that has hardened with impurities/toxins and is stuck within the pores
- Naturally keeps your skin supple + moisturized
- Helps strengthen underlying skin tissue + remove dead cells at the surface
- Evens out skin tone
- 100% Natural
- Encourages oily skin to stop over producing oil
- Easily removes make up
- It’s a cleanser, make-up remover and moisturizer all in one!
- Scoop approximately half tablespoon of Cocovít Coconut Oil into your palm and begin massaging your skin. Massage gently for up to 1- 2 minutes.
- While you are massaging, turn your faucet till the water gets hot.
- Run a washcloth under the faucet. (This part is important, because it has to be hot enough to cause a steaming effect that helps to remove the dirt from your pores. But please note the wash cloth temperature should be comfortable to your skin. Please do not push the heat. Heat can exacerbate broken capillaries and damage sensitive skin. Listen to your skin, you will know what temperature is right for you.)
- Press it or lay it flat onto your skin until the washcloth cools down. Approximately 1 minute.
- Gently wipe off the oil using the washcloth.
- Your skin will be clean and moisturized.
Why Use Cocovít Coconut Oil to Oil-Cleanse:
Cocovít Coconut Oil has an extremely high percentage of lauric and caprylic acid. Both lauric and caprylic acid are loaded with powerful antibacterial, antioxidant, antifungal and antimicrobial properties that naturally combat acne and pimples as well as stave off fungal infections. Here are some nutrients + benefits found in Cocovit Coconut Oil:
Lauric Acid: Effective against acne causing bacteria.
Caprylic Acid: Provides nurturing benefits to sensitive and oily skin. Plus antioxidant protection.
Vitamin E: The powerful antioxidant help diminish fine lines and wrinkles and fight off free radicals that cause oxygen damage in skin cells. Plus it helps remove acne scars.
Healthy Fats: Lubricates and moisturizes the skin.
Let us know your thoughts and as always feel free to contact us with any questions you may have.
Cheers to a healthier skin in 2015!